Thursday, July 22, 2004

Do i look Chinese?

Those people keep conversating with me in mandarin.Be it those factory aunties where i used to work with during the vacation,shopkeeper,stallholder and people in the streets.There's also an incidence when a makcik whom stall which i'm buying food from talk to me in English,when i replied fluently in malay,she was astonished and ask was i malay?

The latest incident just occured recently,this morning after i completed my visit to the doctor at Tampines Polyclinic-yup im down with flu,maybe its the weather and i got 2 days m.c.-I was thirsty so i came up to this chinese aunty at a fruitstall,she was selling fruit juices and home made soyabean drink.

Me:Aunty one how much? (pointing to the soyabean drink)
Aunty: liu mao
Me:ah? sorry? (trying to sound english)
Aunty:Ike liu mao
 
Thinking that maybe she doesn't conversate in english,i did my own calculations in mandarin (i could understand a lil mandarin 1 to 10 tho'). ei,er,san,ser,uu,liao...Thats it sixty cents.Pay her up,and heard clearly that she could talk clearly and fluently in english,this time with a malay pakcik whom ask her bout the price of her tauhue.

Aiyah wa pu yau chang hua yi!

School great...sort off.
The food was the main objective,Savouir fare,tho i'm small sized.There's 6 foodcourts in my school,plus there's Pizza Hut,KFC and Mcdonalds,I'm lovin' it parapapapa!
 

         Food Glorious food 

Meet up coincidentally with those peeps from school outside my neighbourhood convenience store-Too much convenience for those underaged smokers.


         In thier Takraw gear
 
My left eye still twitchin!
 

 
at stuffy-nosed ease